This hive was underneath the floor of a shed and the owner said he thought that it had been there about 10 years. They were entering through one of the holes near the the back corner on the outside of the shed. The plan was to cut into the plywood floor the width of the first floor joist and the length of about 6'. Dan screwed some blocks of wood onto the cut piece to aid in lifting the board. In our prior removals like this the comb underneath was fairly dried out however this comb was full of honey and the weight was to heavy for the handles, snapping the drywall screws. Dan then found some pieces of metal nearby which he screwed onto the board and we used those to lift the 1x6 up. The comb filled the whole length and each piece was about 11" deep. We started this about 3 pm and we had to contend with the sun going down around 6:30. We also had to work around a lot of tree debris which made it difficult to walk back and forth around the shed. We had a supply of a variety of things that we may need (my husband is real good at that) including a plastic tote with a lid, a 5-gallon bucket with a lid, ziplock bags, and garbage bags. When we started to cut the comb off the plywood we put the comb that was full of honey into the tote and the ones that had larvae on them into the nuc box. The tote filled up fast as we used the 5 gallon bucket also. We ended up cutting another 2' of plywood and exposed more comb and then we also saw that they made more comb on the other side of the floor joist so we ended up lifting the whole 4x8 sheet of plywood. We did not see the queen. - to be continued.